Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some Days You're the Bird, Some Days You're the Statue


I always find myself staring at this poster in Ms. Serensky's classroom, and I equally enjoy this message each and every time I read it. So, I came up with a list of how you know when you are living your day as the bird, and another list of how you know you are living your day as the statue. Feel free to comment with additions to the list!

You Know You're The Bird When...
1). In class you rudely cut someone off during the discussion and do not feel bad about it.
2). You glance over at your writing partner's graded poetry paper and nonchalantly shove yours in their face showing them you got a higher score.
3). You make the blog banter.
4). Ms. Serensky comments on your comment during a discussion.
5). Ms. Serensky praises your blog banter theme song

You know you're the statue when...
1). You forget to do turnitin.com
2). Someone steals your best point during the discussion.
3). You are belittled and ridiculed about your pathetic attempt at a blog banter theme song.
4). You walk into the classroom and see the journals sitting anxiously on your desk.
5). On the calendar you see the words Data Sheet Due

1 comment:

  1. Meghan I love this post I laughed out loud. I never have seen this poster. It is amazing to me that I have been in Ms. Serensky's room for two years and I have never looked at this picture before. How bizarre! Anyways, I have an additional bird and statue idea.
    You know you're the bird when...
    -You collect all the stickers you've gotten on your papers and turn them into a collage covering your English binder for everyone to see.
    You know you're the statue when...
    -Ms. Serensky writes on your SOAPSTone "Ugh. No...why are you finishing this in class."

    ReplyDelete