Monday, May 2, 2011

Algernon: Literary criticism is not your forte, dear [Meghan](3).

Amy: I'm starting to worry about [her] taking too much time(207).

Algernon: It might make [her] very unwell(42).

Othello: That's strange (4.2.11)

Amy: Maybe [she] is broken (204).

Algernon: When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me (41).

Amy: I'm reminded by her grim expressions of just how serious that is (210).

Othello: 'Tis monstrous (2.3.216).

Algernon: Oh! [I Agree] It is absurd to have a hard and fast rule about what one should read and what one shouldn't(4).

Algernon: Bring me that cigarette case (4)

Amy: No (211).

Algernon: Well, I don't like your clothes. You look perfectly ridiculous in them (30).

Amy: Did I hear you correctly? (88).

Algernon: [silent, observing meghan]

Amy: [Anyways] it's her who's the zombie (204).

Narrator: The Proctor indicates that the time is up.

Othello: I here engage my words(3.3.458).

Othello: News friends! [Their] wars are done (2.1.199)



2 comments:

  1. Meghan, I enjoyed you're unusual mix of characters. I have worried a lot about time on these exams and getting frozen on a question, but it seems my real worry should be having too much time since I fell asleep after finishing the multiple choice in Psych today. Though I certainly doubt I will have such a problem during the English exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, I really enjoyed this blog post! I think you did a really good job of making these quotes flow somehwat naturally...which was hard. Also, I love how you kept Algernon as the random humerous character in this conversation. Fun little plot twist with the drama between Amy and Algernon. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete