Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Nut Allergy


As long as I can remember, I have been allergic to tree nuts. These include walnuts, pecans, almonds, and pine nuts. However, nobody believes me. Even though when I accidentally eat them when they are slipped into a brownie or cookie, for example, and my lips swell up and my throat and tongue become incredibly itchy, everybody still thinks I'm lying. I do not deserve this maltreatment. HOW CAN THEY KNOW IF I'M ALLERGIC OR NOT? ARE THEY THE ONES WHO EXPERIENCE THE UNBEARABLE ITCHING OF MY ENTIRE MOUTH? NO! Tonight, my Mother sprinkled roasted pine-nuts in the salad she made for dinner. I politely said, "I'm going to chipotle because I cannot eat this salad". She then become very angry and said that I am not allergic, I just don't "like" nuts and am too much of a picky eater. Then my family began yelling at me and telling me how I just "over react" when I accidentally eat this poison, and need to stop complaining about it. I never thought I would say this, but I am the only sane one in my household. Their complete ignorance and lack of compassion appalls me. All of the mental insanity analysis that we have been doing in AP English 12 has influenced me to research into certain aspects of mental illness. Tonight, I chose phobias. Therefore, I am convinced that my family all has agateophobia, which means that they all are frightened of being wrong. I did a little research and found some very interesting phobias on phobialist.com. This website will diagnose any fear imaginable. Some examples include:
1).Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.
2). Angrophobia - Fear of anger or of becoming angry
3). Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women.
4). Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise.
5). Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment