Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Affect AP English Has On My Mother

As winter break winds down, and the year 2011 begins , I have reflected much about how much AP English 12 has become a large part of my life. However, this morning, it hit me like a head-on train. I woke up to the sound of my Mom waking me up for swim practice. This time, she not only yelled at me to get out of bed because she was afraid that Jackie would hit me, but she sat on my bed and asked if I wanted to hear about the nightmare she had last night. I rolled my eyes and said with my eyes still closed, "Surrre, Mom. Tell me. I'm sure it's VERY interesting." She first asked me if I smoke marijuana. I became a little angry due to this very false accusation and asked her why she would ask such a thing. And then she began telling me about her nightmare and said, "I woke up at 4am because this dream seemed very real. It all started when Ms. Serensky called me on my cell phone and asked me if I was aware that you come to class under the influence of marijuana on a daily basis. She then accused me of being a negligent mother because I failed to notice your chronic problem. Ms. Serensky then suggested that you should start a journal to express your reasons for smoking so much, and then she offered to analyze it and help make a detox plan". My jaw dropped. I was speechless for a moment and then burst out laughing. Only would my AP English teacher come up in my MOTHER'S dream. For the record, though, I DO NOT do drugs. I am above the influence, but I am glad that Ms. Serensky expressed her concern for me in my Mom's nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, this is so funny! I never thought that Patty would dream about Ms. Serensky. My mom always tells me about her dreams that are so insignificant and unrealistic. She should know her sweet, little girl would never do drugs though!

    ReplyDelete