Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts on the Blog

Although I usually forgot to complete the blog assignments until about 11pm before the due date, I enjoyed doing the blog assignments for the past weeks. It provides a way for those students in the classroom who may not always be able to get a word in during in-class discussions. This way, I have learned much more about their personalities and perspectives on AP English 12. I also liked the freedom of the ability to choose what we write about because it allowed for diversity and humor. The blog banter stresses me out, though, because when I am not on it (which is most of the time) I become frustrated and wonder why I cannot be as creative or intelligent as my fellow classmates seem to always be. I definitely love how the blog assignments make up our mid-term exam grade, providing for a less-stressful exam period on thursday. However, I did not like how two blogs were due each week. If there was only one, I would be able to put more time and effort into it and maybe even make Bobbi Jo's Banter. Overall, I feel like this was a positive experience and a nice change from the typical english writing assignments and helped me reflect more about the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment