Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reggie's Revelation

Lane: Sir, I just made your bomb for you. It is sitting on the kitchen counter.

Reggie: "That's very kind"(111). Thank you so much.

Lane: "I do my best to give satisfaction, sir"(18).

Reggie: I've been meaning to ask you, Lane, why have you been such a loyal servant to me for all of this time?

Lane: Well, your condition is very depressing. I pity you. Meningitis is a horrid disease. Want to go to the bar and get a drink? I feel as though we need to get out of this house for a change.

Reggie: Why do you want to take me out of the house all of a sudden? Do you want to parade me around because I look like a freakshow? Do you think I'm your "pet ni****" or something? "Buy Reggie a drink and its affirmative action night."
Lane: So this is how you repay me for how nice I have been for all of these years? Treat me as though I have done nothing for you all this time?

Reggie: Yes, in fact I have some other things to tell you. But first, what is your take on marriage?

Lane: "I have only been married once". "And that, was in consequence of a misunderstanding between myself and a young person". I have not seen her in ages. Sometimes, I wonder of her whereabouts.

Reggie: Well, here goes. I'm gonna get real weird this. Could that misunderstanding be the fact that until now, you did not know that your wife is now in prison for selling me the materials necessary for me to make my bomb?

Lane: "No, sir. It's not a very interesting subject.

Reggie: So, you don't care that your wife is a criminal?

Lane: Well, "I never think of it that way". I believe that she can do as she pleases because it gives me more alone time.

Reggie: In that case, what are we waiting for? Lets get to the bar. I've set us up with some hot chicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment